- Opt-In: This is the GDPR level of consent wherein we give users a notice and block cookies until the user gives consent. We also allow users to give granular consent on each purpose separately via the Cookie Settings CTA.
- Implied Opt-In: This is same as Opt-In, only difference being consent is implied after a time-out and click on the websites. This consent type was popular before GDPR and has slowly being discontinued because DPAs not approving of this consent.
You can geo-target users and setup different consent policies for each region based on the privacy law's requirements. The Consent Policy tab allows you to do so:
Setting up Consent Policy:
- On the right, you can switch to different regions. We offer three default regions:
- Default: This is the default fallback option for users. Geo here is Global, this consent policy gets served if we don't find any consent policy for the geo of the user.
- GDPR: Geo here is Europe and the consent type is Opt-In. We also have a design template linked to it, which you can preview and edit in the Design Template tab.
- CCPA: Geo here is California and the consent type is Opt-Out.
- Geo-Target new country using Add Rules, associate Geo, Consent Type, and Design Template.
- Each Geo-Rule allows you to associate a design template with it. This allows you to show different notice, CTA options based on the data privacy rule of the region you are geo-targeting.
Once you have set up rules for all the regions that you want to target, just hit Save and Publish to make it live on your website.